The youth in the Techiman North District in the Bono East Region has appealed to President Akufo-Addo, to consider the good works of Hon Peter Mensah, the District Chief Executive (DCE) of the area, and retain him in his second term.
According to the youth, their DCE performed extremely well in his first term of President Akufo-Addo’s administration and they are optimistic he will do even much better for the area if he is being maintained.
Addressing a press conference at the District Capital, Tuobodom on Thursday May 20, 2021on behalf of the youth group in the District, the leader Mr. Atta Owusu Clement, stated clearly that changing Hon Peter Mensah will cause a delay in the progress of the area considering the service he has rendered to the District since his appointment.
Citing his effective implementation of government policies including youth afforestation, NABCO, Free Senior High School, One District One Factory which has resulted in job creation in the district.
“Besides, Hon Peter Mensah has worked assiduously to ensure equitable distribution of resources available to the Assembly. For instance, the distribution of resources to persons with disabilities (PWDs).
He has done nothing wrong and has served the people well since he assumed office. His replacement will bring a retrogression in our area.
According to the youth, the DCE has completed most of the abandoned projects under the National Democratic Congress (NDC) since he took the office.
Aside from that, he also lobbied for several CHIP compounds which have been built to help the people to get access to quality healthcare to the people of Techiman North District.
And also made provision of mechanized and manual boreholes for the people.
“Hon Peter Mensah greatest priority is to ensure that he always listen to the needs and wants of his people and always work towards them to ensure Unity, stability and uniformity amongst for development and transformation. He is in to serve them with his everything”, he said.
Read his unprecedented achievements below
Specific Achievable Outcomes (as DCE from 2017-2021)
During my tenure of office as a District Chief Executive, the underlisted were some of my achievable under various sectors.
Ø Historically maintaining peace and tranquility within the Techiman North District which initially was known to be the headquarters of the Tano-Subin fracas.
Ø Facilitated in securing of a Police Patrol Vehicle (Toyota Camry Saloon Car) for the Ghana Police Service-Tuobodom District Command
Ø Completion and operationalization of the District Police Headquarters in the District capital
Ø Succeeded in reducing crime related issues to its barest minimum
Ø Led in the successful implementation of both the Planting for Food and Jobs and Planting for Export and Rural Development flagship policies whereby 100,000 Hybrid Cashew Seedlings and 40,000 Polyclonal Seedlings were distributed to farmers
Ø Also, a member of the National Media Team on Planting for Food and Jobs policy programme
Ø Chairperson for the Finance Committee of the 36th National Farmers Day Celebration (2020)
Ø Supplying of 12 motorbikes to the Department of Agriculture for effective monitoring and supervision
Ø Successful implementation of the One District, One Factory (1D1F) policy in the District with OBAPACK (a vegetable aggregator, sorting, packaging and marketing) Company completed and fully operational
Ø Increase in number of Cashew Buying Companies from six (6) in 2016 to twenty-two (22) in 2021 due to enhanced business environment
Ø Eighty percent (80%) increase in Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) since 2017
Under infrastructural projects, a lot were achieved under these sectors:
– Construction of 1No. 2-Bedroom Semi-Detached Teachers Quarters at Tuobodom Presby
– Construction of 1No. 10-Unit Girls Dormitory Block at Akumfi Ameyaw Senior High School
– Construction of 1No 6-Unit Classroom Block at Tuobodom Senior High School
– Construction of 1No. 10-Unit Girls Dormitory Block at Tuobodom Senior High School
– Construction of 1No. 6-Unit Classroom Block at Aworowa Methodist School
– Construction of 1No. 3-Unit Classroom Block with Ancillary Facilities at Offuman Methodist School
– Construction of 1No. 3-Unit Classroom Block with Ancillary Facilities at Kyiridiagya
– Construction of 1No. 3-Unit Classroom Block with Ancillary Facilities at Tuobodom SDA
– Construction of 1No. 3-Unit Classroom Block with Ancillary Facilities at Offuman SDA School
– Construction of 1No. 3-Unit Classroom Block at Buoyem Methodist JHS
– Completion of 1No. 6-Unit Classroom Block with Ancillary Facilities at Fetiri D/A Primary School
– Renovation of 1No. Teachers Quarters at Bonya
– Construction of 1No. 3-Unit Classroom Block with Ancillary Facilities at Kokoago (on-going)
– Construction of 1No. 3-Unit Classroom Block at Guakro Effah Senior High School – Offuman
– Construction of 1No. 6-Unit Classroom Block at Abrafi SHS
– Reshaping and Maintenance of 38km Town Roads and Feeder Roads
– Construction of 1No. 24-Unit Open Market Stalls at Asubingya
– Construction of 1No. Community Social Center at Tanoboase
– Renovation of 1No. Agric Extension Agents’ Quarters at Offuman
– Construction of 1No. Social Centre at Akrofrom
– Construction of 1No. 24-Unit Open Market Stalls at Jama-Timponim
– Reshaping and Maintenance of 120 Km Feeder Roads (District wide)
– Construction of 1No. Community-Based Health Planning Service (CHPS) Compound at Nyansuaka
– Drilling and Mechanization of Borehole with Overhead Tank at Tuobodom Health Centre
– Construction of 1No. Community-Based Health Planning Service (CHPS) Compound at Kramokrom
– Drilling and Mechanization of Borehole with Overhead Tank and Stand Pipes at Tuobodom Market
– Drilling and Mechanization of Borehole with Overhead Tank and Stand Pipes and Extension of Electricity to Aworowa Health Centre
– Construction of 1No. Administration Block for the District Health Directorate
– Renovation of Buoyem Health Centre
– Installation of 50 Led Street Light with Galvanize Poles at Tuobodom
– Extension of Electricity to New Developed Areas under the Rural Electrification Project (District Wide)
5. Water and Sanitation
– Construction of 1No. 10-Seater Water Closet Toilet with Mechanized Borehole and Overhead Tank at Asueyi
– Construction of 1No. 10-Seater Water Closet Toilet with Mechanized Borehole and Overhead Polytank at Atrensu
– Drilling and Mechanization of 1No. Borehole at Slaughter House-Tuobodom
– Drilling and Mechanization of 1No. Borehole at main Administration Block-Tuobodom
– Drilling and Mechanization of Borehole with Overhead Tank and Stand Pipes at Kramokrom
– Drilling and Mechanization of Borehole with Overhead Tank and Stand Pipes at Dogokrom
– Drilling and Mechanization of Borehole with Overhead Tank at Tuobodom Senior High School
– Drilling and Mechanization of Borehole with Overhead Tank at Abrafi Senior High School
6. Governance and Administration
– Presentation of School Bus to St. Francis SHS
– Presentation of School Bus to Abrafi SHS
– Presentation of a Pick-Up to District Education Directorate
– Presentation of a Pick-Up to District Health Directorate
– Construction of 1No. District Magistrate Court at Tuobodom
7. Internally Generated Funds Performance (2016-2021)
|2021 (1ST QUARTER)||190,000.00||172,088.00||(17,912.00)|
The District Assembly under my leadership was able to increase its IGF performance annually with 2016 as a base year. The table above provides details of the IGF performance
Political and Leadership Achievements
The following is a summary of my political and leadership achievements:
Ø Chairman; Action Patriot for Justice (A pro –NPP Supporting Group) since 2016 to Date
Ø Techiman North NPP Constituency Organizer from 2009 – 2012
Ø Founder & President; Tertiary Education Student Confederacy of NPP (TESCON), Berekum College of Education (2007-2008)
Ø College Secretary & SRC Vice President; Berekum College of Education, 2008
Ø Compound Prefect: Tuobodom SHS, 2003 Academic Year
Ø Member of the Bono East Regional Campaign team for the 2020 general elections
Ø Member of the Techiman North Constituency campaign team for the 2020 general elections
Ø Member of the Bono East Regional Communications team for the 2020 general elections
Ø Member of the manifesto committee for Techiman North Constituency in 2016
Ø Member of the electoral review committee representing the NPP in the Constituency from 2010-2016
Ø Organizer for “Bring Akuffo Addo Back” in 2008 (Agenda 2012)
Ø TESCON Coordinator for Brong Ahafo Region (2007-2008)
Ø Presentation of five (5) motorbikes, 1,000 pieces of T-shirts and five (5) megaphones to the NPP in the Techiman North Constituency
Ø Presentation of four (4) and some pieces of T-shirts to Hon. Kofi Amoakohene-MP Atebubu-Amantin Constituency
Ø Presentation of two (2) motorbikes to Hon. Martin Agyei Mensah Korsah-MP Techiman South Constituency