Connect with us

Education

Gov Zulum approves N100m for Fed Poly Monguno

Published

on

Gov Zulum approves N100m for Fed Poly Monguno


Borno State Governor Professor Babagana Umara Zulum has approved the release of N100m to assist in the take-off of the Federal Polytechnic, Monguno, which was recently approved by the federal government.

He made the announcement on Friday when he received the rector of the polytechnic, Professor Garba Mohammed Ngala, at the Government House, Maiduguri.

Zulum said of the N100m, he had already released N50m to the Ministry of Higher Education for rehabilitation works at a proposed temporary site of the polytechnic, provided by the state government earlier, while he was releasing additional N50m to the polytechnic management to supplement commencement of their operations.

The governor said his administration was committed to complimenting the efforts of the federal government in ensuring that all necessary requirements are met for the polytechnic to function.

Earlier, the rector, Prof. Garba, said the polytechnic planned to start enrolment of students by October this year.

He reiterated the commitment of the polytechnic’s management to the success of the institution for the development of Borno State.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

Ondo varsity lecturers embark on indefinite strike

Published

on

By

Ondo varsity lecturers embark on indefinite strike


Lecturers of the Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology, OAUSTECH, Okitipupa, Ondo State on Friday embarked on indefinite strike.

The lecturers under the aegis of Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, said the industrial action became expedient in to press home their demands from the management of the institution.

In a communique issued by the institution’s chapter of ASUU, the Chairperson of the Union, Dr. Dipo Akomolafe and its Secretary, Dr. Rotimi Olorunsola, said the body has resolved that the strike action must take place after efforts to avert it proved abortive.

The union took the decision after its members met during the congress at the TETFUND Building, School of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, OAUSTECH.

The union said the strike will not be suspended until all the issues were resolved, including all outstanding salaries to date, as well as payment of all outstanding deductions and the release of N15 million as payment of the already approved, Earned Academic Allowance, EAA.

The communique partly read, “The Congress viewed the posture of the University Administration to the irregularity and fractionalization of salary payment as not justifiable and convincing enough.

“Congress summed up this attitude to be insensitive, provocative and a deliberate act to subject staff of the University to untold hardship.

Continue Reading

Education

JAMB withdraws 14 results, withholds 93, releases 14,620

Published

on

By

JAMB withdraws 14 results, withholds 93, releases 14,620


The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has cleared and released the UTME results of 14,620 candidates that were hitherto under investigation, while withholding the results of 93 others.

The board’s Head, Media and Publicity, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, who disclosed this in a statement in Abuja on Tuesday, said that the results were released following the consideration and approval of the recommendations of the investigators, at a management meeting held on Tuesday.

“You will recall that the board, in its earlier release, stated that it will still review the results of the 2021 UTME exercise and any candidate found wanting will have his/her result withheld.

“Out of the withheld results, 13 were discovered to have been involved in examination infractions after they were released and the one earlier withdrawn bringing the total of the results that have been withdrawn to 14.

“Results of 332 visually-impaired candidates, whose examination was conducted this month, have also been released,” he said.

Continue Reading

Education

Confusion as Kaduna govt contradicts self on schools’ resumption

Published

on

By

Confusion as Kaduna govt contradicts self on schools’ resumption


There is serious confusion in Kaduna state over the schools’ resumption date.

Naijatell recalls that there were earlier reports that the Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-rufai, at a meeting of stakeholders comprising of members of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT), Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) as well as professional and community-based associations, suspended resumption of schools across local governments of the State indefinitely, due to ongoing aggressive military operations, aimed at flourishing out bandits that have been terrorising the state overtime.

But in a statement on Tuesday by the Commissioner, Ministry of Education, Shehu Usman Muhammad countered the claims, saying that “The attention of the Kaduna State Ministry of Education has been drawn to a fake news report in circulation alleging that the State government has suspended the resumption of schools across the state until further notice.

“The purported report attributed to the Governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai further declared that he stated it while addressing a stakeholders’ meeting on Monday, due to the ongoing aggressive military operation against bandits in most parts of the state.”

The Ministry said the information was false and lacked any basis as the governor was neither in a meeting with stakeholders nor made any disclosure of such nature to anyone.

A parent, Mallam Yunusa Hamza, who said he has four children attending Rimi college said, he was bewildered on the report to believe.

“With the state government and the Ministry of education contradicting each other, some plans are in the offing.

“I am yet to understand what is going on in the state. Are the students going to resume in the midst of the ongoing security challenges, or would there be security backing for students if they resume?” He asked.

Continue Reading

Trending